Having a long string of bad days? Has the winter really gotten you down? Want an easy way to make it a little better?
Practice kindness on other people. Seriously. When you make someone else’s day, you make your own that much better. If you don’t believe me, try it. I have listed a few examples of random acts of kindness. Try it on your coworkers, family and friends and feel that happy gooey feeling come back into your life.
- Buy a coffee for the person waiting behind you at the coffee shop. Or buy a round of coffees for the office. Either way you have just made someone smile.
- Compliment someone you know could use it.
- Volunteer, anywhere. Food pantries, hospitals, animal shelters.
- Bring groceries to an elderly or sick neighbor.
- Send a care package to a soldier.
- Say hello to a stranger and smile. Smiles are contagious.
- Hold the door or elevator for someone.
- Drop off teddy bear to police department to give to traumatized children
- Pay the toll for the car behind you.
- Donate blood.
- Volunteer to read books to children or the elderly.
- Drop off a toy or game at a homeless shelter.
- Hug your loved ones and say I love you for no particular reason.
- Send flowers to someone you know could use it. Include a kind note.
Tell your children how proud you are of them.
Doing little random acts of kindness can make you feel a little bit better about your day and gives the bonus of making someone else’s day a little brighter as well.
“Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.” J.M. Barrie