“When you let doubt take over, you are accepting failure as an option.”
Doubt is a nasty, idea destroying emotion. It will do nothing but hurt your idea/business. When you let doubt take over you are accepting that your idea can fail. Instead of taking the road that lets you believe in your idea, doubt takes you down a road that will find every flaw in your idea. It will then exploit those flaws, even to the point where you will give up on your dream.
Doubt is a natural emotion that you will have, so how do you overcome it?
- Focus on the good. Focus on what makes your idea good. Focus on what will help your idea grow.
- Realize doubt is the failure to believe in yourself and your abilities. Any one can take an idea and turn it into a successful business. But if you don’t believe you can, then you won’t.
- What are you actually doubting? Your ability, acceptance of the idea, or…? Research, planning, and testing can crush doubt in a hurry.
- If you don’t try, then how will you know if your idea is actually good.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. You are not them and they are not you. Nor do they set your benchmarks or goals.
- If your doubt is based on what someone else said. You just let someone else control you and make decision for you.
- Identify people who support you and surround yourself with them. They will be able to help you by pushing you forward and keeping doubt at bay.
- Write down your goals and look at them everyday. This will help you keep your eye on what you want to achieve.
Take your doubt and kick it to the curb.