Some common life tips have always been: Drinking 8 glasses of water a day, get plenty of sleep, exercise, eat healthy, be kind to others, put money away into your savings, brush your teeth twice a day. These are all tips I try to do every day to make my life better and it works. Here is a list of not so common life tips:
- Say “hello” to strangers or people you pass on the street.
- Put your keys, wallet, ID badge, etc in the same place every day.
- Get your clothes, lunch, coffee, etc ready for the next day the night before.
- Ask yourself, what can I do to make some one’s day better? Then do it!
- Being friendly to customer support. The problems you are having isn’t their fault, being kind will go a long way.
- Take 15-30mins a day to learn about some thing you are interested in.
- Have realistic expectations or no expectations.
- When you brush your teeth, go do something that you can do with your other hand. Example, at night when I brush my teeth I let the dogs out, check the front and back yards, check the garage, check all the doors, pick up any laundry and put it in the hamper, give my pet rats a treat, and then let the dogs back in. I brush my teeth the whole time and in total it takes me about 2-3 minutes. So much better than just staring at myself in the mirror.
- Be optimistic. Life can sometimes suck, dwelling on the negative will get you no where.
- Be situation aware. Most of the time it is as easy as putting your phone down but other times, just be aware of other people around you.
- Twice a year clean out a different closet or room in your apartment/house. If you haven’t used what ever item, in the last year, why are you keep it?
- If you go to the grocery store every week or every other week. Try going every three weeks instead. You will waste less food, spend less money, and maybe cook different meals.
- Park farther away from the store entrance or take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator. It might not be much exercise but any exercise it good exercises.
- When it comes to meals, switch out one not so healthy item for a healthy choice. Example: instead of french fries, go for a vegetable.
Do you have any other good life tips? If so, leave a comment! I’d love to hear them!